Monday 9 March 2009

We Three Kings







silkpainting
Originally uploaded by frances.small2
After several weeks of dotting this picture mosaic style, then flooding it with colour, then dotting again, my painting of the Three Kings, based on the paintings at Knossos, was finally finished. It now needs to be embroidered upon and hung. The colours are very earthy and unusual for me to use. But i am pleased with the results. It's over 2 years since we visited Knossos, so the painting has taken it's time in formation. It was to have been my Christmas card cover, well there is always next year.
One Queen, three times
I have just found these pictures of Lily and Simba in the garden, the sofa no longer exsists, she's eaten it! But these pictures are just so cute , they remind me of why i love my goldies so.

No comments: