Wednesday 11 March 2009

Swap information

Ravelry name, **Goldenneedles** name

Frances Small

73 Hawkins Road
Cambridge

CB4 2RB


Your favorite fairytale? My favourite tale is Beuty and the Beast, My second is not strictly a fairy tale. The Lord of the rings Pick two in case one of them isn’t widely published.

Which spring goddess/May Queen appeals most to you? Again not strictly a spring goddesss, but Isis the Egyptian Goddess of love and fertility or Maat the Goddess of truth and Justice

Do you garden? I love the garden, but due to poor mobilty, my husband now does it for me

What’s you favorite yarn weight? Anything hand dyed and natural Color? Colours of the sea, spring, ethnic colours or naturals. i love deep rich colours. Not black or orange or pastels other than lila. i also love turqoise and teal

Do you have any fiber allergies? Not good with mohair it makes me itch. Not too keen on chunky, its to thick for me.

Do you spin? yes. Any special fibers or colors you like? Again not pastels or orange or yellow

What sorts of sweets do you like? Mints,humbugs etc,

Do you have any food allergies? Yes, fish, plus i have Chrohns disease so i have to be careful what i eat.
Do you drink tea or coffee while knitting or reading? If so, is there any particular variety or flavor? I drink teas and coffes, i like most things but not mint,green or camomille

As usual, suggestions and additions will be most welcome.

I love many forms of arts and crafts, i knit, sew, crochet, embroider, spin, weave, silk paint and textile manipulate. I pachwork and quilt, make books, felt etc

I like beads, buttons, threads, books etc

I adore my Goldies,


I also like angels, dragonflies, the sea, nature, elephants, woods, hedgehogs, sheep, anything ethnic, hand made paper, fairy tales, travel, the Armish ,histoical crimes and mysteries, ie Sherlock Holmes, Cadfael

I cannot wear socks due to poor circulation. I am textile holic.








1 comment:

Petronella said...

Hi Goldenneedles
I have got the lucky assignment to send you a swap- gift for the Official Spring Swap at the folklore and fairy tales group at Ravelry. I just want to let you know that I'm on the mission. Actually I have already found some yarn and a suitable pattern that I hope you will like. Now I'm looking for some tea or coffee, sweets and other goodies for folklore and fairy tale knitters...

Take care and give your beautiful goldens a hug from me - Eva Petronella