Sunday 22 February 2009

Spring fever and Aida

It was Textile in focus this week end, an annual textile meeting with stalls, workshops and exhibitions, full of yummy threads, wools, beads etc. I promised myself that i would be restrained and not buy much, but yes some of the products were just to tempting, some lovely lilac lace yarn crept in my basket, then some patterns i could not resist, then some sheep buttons, a book on Free form crochet and Woolly workshop became my Nemesis, 2 hanks of Alpine baby for ponchos, help i am a textile addict. I had wanted to do some workshops, but my energy levels were just not high enough.never mind there is always next year. It was great to meet Avril, Dinah, Jennifer and others there and compare wools threads etc


Buds are beginning to poke there heads up in the garden, and there is definitely a feeling of spring in the air, even the birds are beginning to sing there hearts out. Lily is helping to propagate,by bringing large plant pots into the conservatory and re distributing the contents.She has also trimmed the palms nearly a bald hair cut. Poor Simba has an ear infection which needs daily cleaning. Every night he gets on the bed for a cuddle and is coned by me with treats as Martin pins him to the bed to clean the wound. The look on his face is so reproachful, but each night he returns. I kid myself that its me he returns to but i know in reality its the treats. Missy's love of my drinking chocolate is getting out of hand. As soon as i have my cup in my hand i am under constant surveillance, and she grumbles if she thinks that i am drinking too much, she also doesn't mind sharing my tea either.



No comments: