Tuesday 23 December 2008

Further Tales of the Ark

Now that i have trasfered my details for the Winter warmers Swap for my secret pal, i can now write about the further adventures of Lily and the Ark. Today we have been out shopping and i have come home with the most unusual present, a walking frame with wheels and a seat. It's great, i can sit down and watch the world go by as and when i want. No crutches, no back ache, i love it. Bright turqoise and called Tilly, with a small bag and breaks. It has made such a difference today.
Came back to see that the Wisteria has bit the dust, plus large pot.Lily has been bringing the outdoor in again. I shall have to stop her watching all those gardening programs.
At the weekend Martin brought me two knitting kits from Scotsdales of all places, a gardening centre.Both are in Grey Alpaca, a coat called Olvia and a Bolero . The coat is very intracate with lace a plenty . I will need to get advise before i start either, and i must finish them, too expensive to leave half done. I have never had alpaca wool before, but i am told it is really warm to wear. I never thought i would hear myself saying it, but i really have too many projects to do, but then there is alot of time to do them in.
I have not been too well recently and i have spent sevral nights on the sofa, so that Martin can sleep. I have shared said sofa with Missy, who now has taken to summoning me to bed, allowing Martin to wrap us both in, and then grumbling until the light is off. My feet are her pillows and she grumbles if i have to get up in the night. When i do get up, i trip over Merlin, who lays on the floor by my side, then trip over Simba lying in the hall way floor. On the bed is a snoring Martin, with lily and Tumi snoring with him. They say it's a dogs life!!!!even Spohie the cat joins in by walking all over me, on the sofa, to get to her chair!!
Great news in that i have learned i am on the lst for the next Debbie Abrahams Mystery knitted blanket for 2009. I love her beaded work and was dissapointed that i could not join in last year. 5 blocks a month for 10 months and other than bright colours, i have no idea as to what theme we are knitting to. Last years theme was the country side. Knitting really does seem to have taken over my life at the moment.
Well now to bed, yes the Sofa, as i am still not well and need to sleep upright, but i have two Sister Fildelma mystery novels to read, set in ancient Ireland, also Missy is a calling me.

No comments: