Sunday 29 June 2008

The Constant Gardner




Today, the sun came out, from hidding behind the clouds, and i sat in a friends garden, whilst she and Martin, weeded and tidied her small plot between them. the birds were singing, good company, knitting and carrot cake , what more can you want in life! 5 Goldies. It was Clair's garden not ours, and i missed the fluffy tails, wet noses and general mass of golden fur lying all over the place. In our own garden Lilly has been helping us to re-arrange the plants. Martin is trying to put a roof on the veranda of my garden room and Lilly has been helping. As well as the mud she is now covered in blue paint, the colour of the wood, and the door is now decorated with paws prints. Tumi, her best friend has blue strips as does Simba, i think there is more paint on them than on the door. With the amount of soil and pots that she has moved in and out of the house we have now named her the constant gardner. Over the last two weeks, life has generally been a little slower. martin has finished University for this year, so he is catching up on house hold maintance. I have recently finished crocheting a lilac shawl for a friend, plus a red modular shawl for my self.

The modular shawl took a bit of playing with so I am pleased it came out as well as it did. We had an away day to Bursy St Edmunds to the new wool shop there, called Wibbling Wools. What a lovely lady and what a lovely shop, and yes I brought home some lovely sea green marino sublime wool. It's been a good week for yarn, one of my swap pals sent me some lovely treats including a small wind chime, bag, needle savers etc and some hand dyed lace weight for a shawl. On thursday, I had Lunch with my silk painting group in one of their gardens, Filo pastry stuffed with feta cheese, champagne, 3 salads, pancakes etc 3 cakes and cream, I waddled out. Later in the week I had coffee with another set of friends, home made short cake, raspberries and cream. again in her garden. Thank goodness they were end of term do's, I now have the summer to try and loose the weight I put on. Life with Goldies and 1 cat, is never dull, this week Simba, went with me to a friends to see her puppy Alfie, a little spaniel, so that he could teach him what males to. We were in fits of laughter as the wee little thing, followed my lion off a dog, watching how he walked, sat and weed. Simba took it all in his stride, strutting his stuff. It was so comical to watch. Lilly has learnt the run down the garden, hoping over all in sundrey, they leaping and twirling in the air, running back and doing the whole thing again. Missy has learnt to move our the way to stop from being squashed. She has also developed a liking for my drinking chocolate and taken to woofing when she thinks I should be in bed. Still the day draws to a close and I have that new wool to knit. Bye

No comments: